Friday, January 15, 2010

           As I was hunting down pictures for a printable, I stumbled across a photo of Caden that I hadn’t remembered taking. I just love this photo (but maybe I am just bias ;) ). This was around the time that my amazing photographer friend, Sophie, was trying to teach me how to take better pictures. I finally learnt what a catch light was, but in my dark house and undependable sun (it seriously rained on and off for 2 months straight), I was having problems. She told me to take him to a window, and alas… things got easier. I am no where nearly as good as she is, but I am fine with that. I am fine with taking 200 pictures and getting one good one, maybe two. As long as I get something and improve as I go.



        Tomorrow I am baking cupcakes for a friend at work’s son, and am beyond nervous. I really don’t know why, except that it is a new recipe. She offered to pay me, but I really don’t need THAT kind of pressure on me. I am going to do a simple chocolate cupcake with a chocolate filling. Then half are going to have chocolate butter cream icing an the other half with cream cheese (which my mom is making lol). For some reason I haven’t perfected cream cheese icing and this wasn’t the time to really experiment. Until I post that recipe and pics, I figured I would post an old recipe. So WARNING: if on a diet please do not preceed!!

Perfect Peanut Butter Cookies:

1 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg
4 oz. Baker’s semi-sweet chocolate, melted
1/2 cup finely chopped peanuts

Preheat oven to 325.
Mix butter, egg and sugar until well blended.
Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Remove and roll into 18 balls (or more).
Place on cookie sheet, 2 inches apart.
Flatten each ball using a fork and making a crisscross pattern.
Bake 18-20 minutes or until lightly browned.
Let cool for 5 minutes and then transfer to a cookie rack to cool completely.
Melt chocolate.
Dip one end of cookie into melted chocolate and then dip into chopped peanuts. Repeat with other side.
Place on wax paper covered cookie sheet and refrigerate until chocolate hardens.



This is a very simple recipe, but to me not the best peanut butter cookies ever. They were really good for being a 5 ingredient recipe and they are pretty too! I think next time I will use the same concept, but with a different peanut butter cookie recipe. ~ Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment